Emergencies are defined as work required to eliminate imminent hazards to life, health and safety, to prevent imminent damage to equipment or property, to restore security or to prevent disruption of an essential activity.
- Non-urgent, everyday repairs which need to be carried out as a result of normal usage
- Repairs that would improve or maintain the comfort and convenience of your environment
- These would include replacing light bulbs, repairing leaking water faucets and/or toilet clogs, appliance repairs, door/frame repairs, standard painting, replacing ceiling tiles or other similar repairs where it poses no urgent risk to student, staff, faculty or property.
Request assistance with service or project that is outside of the normal routine maintenance and repair of the facility:
- Alterations – The rearrangement or conversion of internal space of an existing facility.
- Improvements – The addition of quality features to existing space by upgrading mechanical, electrical, technological systems or architectural finishes.
- Renovations – The total or partial upgrading of a facility to higher standards of quality or efficiency.
- Specialty painting - Special painting, including colors that are not part of the University standard.
- These are usually accomplished by an outside contractor and the costs associated charged to the requesting department. Funding availability MUST be included in the request.
Facilities support, such as:
- Tables and chairs
- Linens (If Cardinal Catering is being used for your event, please DO NOT request linen for the food/beverage tables. CATERING WILL PROVIDE)
- Waste and recycle containers
- If electrical needs are required for a large scale event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org provide details. If approved, this will be added to your Special Event Request.
*All Special Events must be approved and scheduled through Events & Conference Services. Special Event support from Facilities MUST be requested at least two (2) weeks prior to the event.
Members of the CUA community may request event space for University functions on-line at https://25live.collegenet.com/cua/. All others should call 202.319.5291.